Re: why does this system build but won't reconfigure?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: why does this system build but won't reconfigure?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 09:38:59 +0100

Hi

On 2018-11-05 04:25, George Clemmer wrote:
Oh DUH! Never mind, I guess my 'sudo guix system reconfigure' is using
the ancient guix version installed in root. Arf!

Would it be a help to you if guix declared and printed the path to itself and version it is using when reconfiguring?

That way you immediately see what is going on.

Or maybe warned you that a newer guix is available but not used because of the $PATH?

cheers