Re: Enjoying GuixSD

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: Enjoying GuixSD
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:18:00 -0600

Brian Woodcox writes:
> P.S.  If anyone feels energetic and has the time, it would be nice to
> have a recipe to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions into GuixSD.
> Then I can get copy and paste to work. :)

I am thrilled you are having as good of a time with GuixSD as I am. It
is a truly tremendous system, and I have found virtually no limitations.

Somebody may have to correct me on this, but I believe VirtualBox's
Guest Additions have a freedom issue, so you will be unlikely to find a
recipe to get it packaged for installation. I apologize on that front,
however I do recommend you use QEMU instead if possible in KVM, that way
you can use the fully free VirtIO bundle for acceleration and achieving
full screen with proper resolution and so on.

Best,
Brett Gilio