Re: sha256 hash mismatch

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: sha256 hash mismatch
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 10:23:13 -0800

> swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:

> Installing a simpler config.scm and going incrementally forward with
> small changes might be worth considering.

Yeah, I refactored my config.scm to clean up all the mount flags I need
for btrfs. As well as to make sure the root is mounted before the other
mounts (gnu/store, grub etc). So I might have screwed up
something. Although I have never got GuixSD to work with this config so
could be something completely different.

Is there a quick way to just load the config.scm into the guile REPL
when booted into the iso and inspect the operating-system record? To
make sure everything looks good before running the whole install
process.

As the whole task of setup wifi -> setup ssh -> guix system init ->
reboot turn around is quite long. I guess I could just write script and
put that on the iso to speed it up.

> Especially given that our guix/guile error messages can sometimes be
> quite cryptic if you dont know exactly what change caused the error.

Indeed, I had to look into the source code for why it was complaining
about my home file-system couldn't list the root file-system as a
dependency. Turns out it was because root has `needed-for-boot?' set to
true where as home didn't.

On 2018-11-21 08:33, Fredrik Salomonsson wrote:
> swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:
snip

> Put berlin first in the --substitute-urls and did a guix pull to one
> commit that had the most packages built. Using
> http://berlin.guixsd.org/jobset/guix-master to pick out the commit.
>
> The install took less than 20min on my x220. Thanks for all the help!

:D Great that you got past the init state.

--
Cheers Swedebugia

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g