Re: Stuck upgrading from Guix v0.12

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Stuck upgrading from Guix v0.12
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:52:20 +0000

Hi Konrad,

Thank you for your help.

> I have had similar problems as well in the past. The one recipe that
> has always worked (aside from one case of a machine with very limited
> disk space) is temporarily using a Guix compiled from source code.

I have hit a snag.  At the compile stage I do:

$ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

I get:

configure: error: Guile-Git is missing; please install it.

I would install guile-git if I could but it takes me back to the same
problem; neither the source nor a substitute for libgit2 are available.

I have looked for the files on hydra.gnu.org but I cannot find the
0.12-era versions.  Maybe they have been deleted.  Could they (or
should they) be restored ?

Best regards,

Paul.