Re: GC hints

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GC hints
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:49:46 +0100

> Actually, I was also wondering whether we should provide a configurable
> mechanism that would, by default, automatically delete old GC roots and
> maybe even run the GC automatically when needed—similar to what Git
> does.

While this would be convenient and probably an improvement I’d like to
mention that in the HPC use case this might be problematic as profiles
might be located on file shares that are not accessible by the node
running the daemon.  It would be good if the GC would err on the side of
caution in those cases.  (It currently removes links to unreachable
profiles.)

--
Ricardo