checkboxes in icecat are solid red squares

From: Bradley Haggerty
Subject: checkboxes in icecat are solid red squares
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 11:57:03 +0000

Whether a box is checked or unchecked, it shows as a solid red square. This makes it rather frustrating to interact with option on many sites.
Here is an image of the problem: http://chunk.io/bard/03a3263f74ed47418e5077e738662c5a
It happens on multiple sites and even in some of the icecat preferences themselves.
another image: http://chunk.io/bard/d943f262c1b148ab875e49c08df683a3

It's been an issue for a while so I'm afraid I can't easily track down the issue to a recent update or anything. I complained in IRC a few times but have been putting off sending an email about it.