very few substitutes available?

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: very few substitutes available?
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2019 18:24:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi guix,

I've been attempting to update my profile for a while now (actually the latest generation is already from july... :-) ). I find that I always have to build a huge number of packages, such as the entire rust bootstrap & icecat... I've been stuck in a loop where I run “guix pull”, wait a few days, see that I still have to build icecat, and try “guix pull” again, ...

How long does it typically take before substitutes are available after pulling from master? Or is there a way to see (from ci.guix.info?) which revision I should pull in order to have a maximum of substitutes available?

Thanks!

Thomas