Re: binary nix install alongside guix on foreign distro

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: binary nix install alongside guix on foreign distro
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 23:02:41 +0300

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to test nix alongside guix, both installed on a foreign distro
> (Debian in my case)
>
> is someone in this list testing a similar configuration?
>
> is there any danger in mixing both package manager (and the foregin
> distro one) on a single system?

[…]

No danger, I use both on a foregin distro (Ubuntu 16.04 in my case).

To install Guix I would recommend the installation script
etc/guix-install.sh [1] which need to be run as root user (e.g. by
typing ‘sudo -i’ and then press Enter in Bash).

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh

Oleg.