Re: xclock package

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: xclock package
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 17:20:44 -0500

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:25:54AM +0900, Yoshinori Arai wrote:
> There is no xclock package in guix. I made it.
> How can I add it to duix package, maybe in xdisorg.scm.

The basic steps for adding a Guix package are this:

Install Guix:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Installation.html

Clone our Git repo:

Add your package to the relevant file. I think xdisorg.scm is fine.

Follow the Contributing section of our manual, especially the steps
Building from Git, Running Guix Before It Is Installed, and Submitting
Patches:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Contributing.html

Building from Git and Running Guix Before It Is Installed will help you
test your package.

Let us know if you need any help or if it is too much work! Somebody
will pick up the package for you and add it to Guix.