Re: Scheme package installation script

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Scheme package installation script
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:23:42 +1100

Hey Brett!

On Fri, Jan 18 2019, address@hidden wrote:
The issue with this meta package is that I am inheriting the hello base package because I am not sure how to bypass needing a source to pull from. There is likely a better way to do this meta-package sort of deal. Does anybody have any ideas?

I think gnome is a similar sort of meta-package. It has the following structure:

(define-public gnome
 (package
   (name "gnome")
   (version (package-version gnome-shell))
   (source #f)
   (build-system trivial-build-system)
   (arguments '(#:builder (begin (mkdir %output) #t)))
   (propagated-inputs
    ... lots of inputs here ...)
   (synopsis "The GNU desktop environment")
   (home-page "https://www.gnome.org/";)
   (description
"GNOME is the graphical desktop for GNU. It includes a wide variety of applications for browsing the web, editing text and images, creating
documents and diagrams, playing media, scanning, and much more.")
   (license license:gpl2+)))

I assume that will work for you, too.

Carlo