Re: Geiser manual lookups broken with Guile

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Geiser manual lookups broken with Guile
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:14:49 +0100

On 2019-01-17 20:23, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

I've been annoyed by this issue ever since I started using Guile and
today I finally found time to get to the root of it:

https://gitlab.com/jaor/geiser/issues/252

Since there are a lot of Guile+Geiser users in this community, I'm
wondering if you people experience the same issue.

If no documentation is shown at all and a Guile REPL is connected to
your Emacs buffer, then you need to load some modules in the REPL
session first.

A ha! Now it works better.
I typed in this:
",use(guix)"
and now it shows me docstrings from guix. 😀

Would it be possible to do this automatically?

A separate chapter in the manual of geiser for setup with guile+guix would be really nice.

A few questions unanswered by the manual comes here:
1. If I edit a buffer a.scm and attach a repl with run-guile, can this repl be attached also to a buffer b.scm or do I to run-guile a second time?

--
Cheers Swedebugia