Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 58

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 580
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 10:52:03 +0100

> For the RX5xx series, it should be an "amdgpu" kernel module.

Indeed.  So I tried to `modprobe amdgpu` and `lspci -k` showed that it was the
driver in use.

That said, we don't have a xf86-video-amdgpu
(https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/xf86-video-amdgpu/), we
probably need it.

Any idea why amdgpu is not loaded on startup for me?
Maybe I can try a ‘modprobe.blacklist=ati,radeon’.
Still, I wonder why amdgpu is not chosen directly.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/