Re: Help to workaround #28144

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: Help to workaround #28144
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 00:01:14 -0800

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Fredrik Salomonsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello guix,
>>
>> I'm hitting the issue described in
>> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28144
>>
>> This happens when I do "guix pull", "guix package -u" or "guix
>> environment guix".
>>
>> guix --version
>> guix (GNU Guix) 0.16.0-8.7ba2b27
>>
>> The comments mention deleting "guix/profiles.go" should work as a work
>> around. But I'm not sure which one that is. Is there a more detail
>> explination somewhere that I can follow?
>
> This would only help if you were using Guix from a git checkout.  If you
> don’t do that, your only way around this is to use an older version of
> Guix to run “guix pull”, e.g. ~/.config/guix/current-1-link/bin/guix.
>
> --
> Ricardo

Ah got it.

I didn't have ~/.config/guix/current-1-link/bin/guix, so I ran
/var/guix/profiles/system-1-link/profile/bin/guix pull. That solved the
issue and I can now run "guix pull" and "guix environment guix"
again. Haven't tried "guix package -u" but I would assume that works as
well.

Thanks for the help!

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g