Re: User-Level services

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: User-Level services
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 00:48:06 -0800

John Soo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Reza,
>
> I’m not sure this is possible right now. I recently tried making a
> service which would need the x display variable and I got stuck right
> about when I needed the logged in user. I would love to see it though.
>
> Does anyone else know?

I don't think there's an easy solution that's integrated into the Guix
System (formerly known as GuixSD).  Instead, the best approach is to use
any of "the usual" methods for starting up user processes.  For example,
you might use the ~/.config/autostart convention:

https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/autostart-spec/

--
Chris