Re: collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:40:19 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019 at 16:21, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> I’m assuming that you installed the “gcc” package.  Don’t do that.
> Install “gcc-toolchain” instead.

Is it because of the comment in the definition of `make-gcc-toolchain'?

;; The main raison d'être of this "meta-package" is (1) to
conveniently
;; install everything that we need, and (2) to make sure ld-wrapper comes
;; before Binutils' ld in the user's profile.

Even if the section of Manual provides useful information, the (2)
point clearly explains why "what you really want is the
`gcc-toolchain' package." :-)

All the best,
simon