Re: How to start Xorg server with startx

From: Yoshinori Arai
Subject: Re: How to start Xorg server with startx
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 21:10:42 +0900

Thank you for your pointer.

Unfortunately I have already uninstalled xorg-server, xinit. I can't try it
soon.

I have another problem for LXDE and LXQT with slim login manager.
I'm using uim-anthy for japanese input but slim can't read xprofile so
I use xsession script to set environment variable such as XMODIFIER,
GTK_IM_MODULE.

I can select desktop with slim but can't use uim-anthy without xsession.

Also I did system reconfigure to install LXDE, LXQT. Its package field
is as follows,

  (packages (cons* fluxbox cwm                    ;window managers
                   lxde lxqt                      ;desktop
                   nss-certs                      ;for HTTPS access
                   %base-packages))

There are many desktop file in
/run/current-system/profile/share/xsessions.

LXDE.desktop  fluxbox.desktop  openbox-gnome.desktop  openbox.desktop
cwm.desktop   lxqt.desktop     openbox-kde.desktop

This is not problem but wonder a little.