Re: custom service definition files location

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: custom service definition files location
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:34:15 +0100

Reza Alizadeh Majd <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for your response.
> sure I will pass my system config file as an argument to guix:
>
> $ guix system reconfigure /etc/confg.scm
>
> but my question is about to detect my custom service definition files (
> myservice.scm ) in order that I could use them inside my config.scm . for
> existing services, their definition files are located in store, in
> `/gnu/store/.../gnu/service/` path.

There are two ways to do this:

1. place your service definitions in a Guile module and put the
directory containing the module files onto GUILE_LOAD_PATH.  Refer to
the module with a “use-modules” clause in your operating system
configuration.

2. Include the file with “(include "/path/to/file-name")”.  You can use
a relative file name here.

--
Ricardo