Re: How to run guix on replicant / android with linux 3.0?

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: How to run guix on replicant / android with linux 3.0?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 04:56:47 +0800

Hello Julien,

Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Hi,
>
> I think I read somewhere (in the manual?) that you need a kernel 3.19
> or greater to be able to use a relocatable guix pack. Since you're
> root on your phone though, you should be able to use a normal pack.

I've checked the manual, it says:
  Note: The ‘--container’ option requires Linux-libre 3.19 or newer.

I don't know how it's related to relocatable guix pack though.

> Maybe with inferiors you can use an older version of guix that works
> with your kernel?

I haven't tried inferiors before, will read the manual.

For the record, I find out that replicant maybe able to run the mainline
kernel in the future: <https://redmine.replicant.us/issues/1882>.
This should solve the 'FATAL: kernel too old' problem without me having
to cross-compile old glibc.