Re: MySQL configuration: root password?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: MySQL configuration: root password?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 00:33:47 -0800

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I've rebooted, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to see those messages, they
> scroll through pretty fast!  I feel like I must be misunderstanding :p

I wish I knew the answer, but I'm not sure.  I would have expected it to
print the message either during "reconfigure" or at boot.  Maybe it's in
/var/log/messages or something?  I would suggest grepping /var/log for
something unique (perhaps there is a string in the activation procedure
you can grep for?).  Or maybe you can "git blame" on the Guix source to
find out who added this, and ask them directly how it is supposed to be
used.

Good luck!

--
Chris