Re: ci.guix.info 504 gateway timeout (was Re: guix package builds, subsi

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: ci.guix.info 504 gateway timeout (was Re: guix package builds, subsitutes and --no-build)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:10:43 +0100

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

> Ricardo,
>
> thanks for your patience with users like me still not able to find
> substitutes availability info :-S
>
> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

>>> There is no such derivation on the server at berlin.guixsd.org.
>
> ouch, sorry! […]

No need to apologize.  I was curious as to what’s going on here, so I
checked right on berlin.guixsd.org to see if the file exists at all.

I don’t know why the derivation you get isn’t yet available on berlin.
It’s possible that there hasn’t been an evaluation corresponding to your
commit.

> I still have to learn how to find a guix commit giving me one of those
> specific derivations... or just check if one specific commit provides
> one of those

You generally can’t do that.  You can’t compute the commit from only a
derivation file name.

--
Ricardo