Re: Need help porting eDuke32

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Need help porting eDuke32
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 17:09:34 +0100

Before merging to Guix, I'd like to know what to put under "license".
The project uses a custom license: http://eduke32.com/buildlic.txt.
What do you people think?

HiPhish <address@hidden> writes:
> How do you know how to do these things? I read the manual and I couldn't find
> the programming interface to changing phases. Do you read the source code of
> Guix to come up with these things?

It is mentioned here:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Build-Systems.html

But admittedly the documentation is a bit scarce.
I wrote a blog post which should help with those issues:

http://guix.info/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/

Long story short:
- Look at the code under guix/build-system and guix/build.
- Look at other package definitions, they will help you the most.

Contributions to the documentation are more than welcome :)

HiPhish <address@hidden> writes:
> Couldn't GLU be added as an input in the declaration of eDuke? Polymost and
> Polymer work for me, but I have GLU already installed on my system via apt.

GLU is already an input, but it is not included in the closure as it seems to be
only used at build time.  Wrapping the executable would work.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/