Re: Need help porting eDuke32

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: Need help porting eDuke32
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:41:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019, HiPhish wrote:

Ken Silverman is an asshole and an idiot for writing his own license instead
of using an existing one, or letting an actual lawyer write it. And in 2000 he
didn't even have the "dumb teenager" excuse.

While non-free software is frustrating (and I'm sure is even more frustrating after having done some work on it assuming it was free), there is no need for name calling. I love that Guix is a community devoted to both software freedom and being an open an welcoming community full of respect and free of insults. Let's not lose sight of one of these goals in pursuit of the other.

Ken,

If you would like your software included in GNU Guix, I invite you to work the the community to find a mutually acceptable license. I expect that if you choose to do so the experience will be rewarding.

For all the rest of us,

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, and we can have the joy of working on a free software replacement engine.

All the best,
Jack