Trying to install GuixSD on QEMU

From: Markus Aholainen
Subject: Trying to install GuixSD on QEMU
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 20:11:29 +0200

I would really like to try out GuixSD using Windows 10 host. I am following the instructions https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html

The first question is about the point " In the VM console, quickly press the F12 key to enter the boot menu. Then press the 2 key and the RET key to validate your selection."

F12 key does absolutely nothing, however Esc shows the boot medium selection - is this what F12 is supposed to do? Is there an error in the instructions or is the QEMU on Windows is just different?

If I select the 2 (guixsd.img) booting fails. Again, error in the instructions?

Selecting 1 (guixsd-install-0.16.0.x86_64-linux.iso) boots and I should create partition on the guixsd.img that is /dev/sdb, right? (And after that mount it on /mnt, etc...)
That fails saying "floppy: error 10 while reading block 0".

Help would be helpfull  : )
I am pretty much stuck now.

-- Markus