Re: gnutls guile

From: ng0
Subject: Re: gnutls guile
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:59:32 +0000

address@hidden transcribed 402 bytes:
> Ludovic,
>
> as a follow-up to the short chat on #guix:
>
> if the problem can not be patched in the guile module of gnutls,
> it appears that
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/tree/module/system/base/target.scm
> could be a source of  the problem?
>
> At the moment I'm trying to patch (or rather sed/awk) in gnutls
> possible occurences of the tripplet appearing with the GNU_...
> in pkgsrc.

Due to the short lifetime of IRC I'll add some more comments:

For a manual build on NetBSD (.99 being the CURRENT), the tripplet:

x86_64-unknown-netbsd8.99

is correct. For a build in pkgsrc (which is not exclusive for
NetBSD but I haven't looked at Linux behavior so far) it becomes

x86_64--netbsd8.99

because of code specified in

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mk/configure/gnu-configure.mk?rev=1.17&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

This happens to make the builds and filenames more predicatable.
So your initial assumption about NetBSD tripplets was right,
but similar to guix, pkgsrc needs a different treatment here.

Note that this is the last dependency I need to package before
can start packaging guix for pkgsrc, so it would be nice to get a patch
upstream instead of hacking around it.

The original error post:
https://lists.gnutls.org/pipermail/gnutls-help/2019-February/004488.html

I hope this is enough context to get a reply.