Re: Disable ugly pc-speaker sound in Slim auth failure

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Disable ugly pc-speaker sound in Slim auth failure
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 13:02:24 +0100

Znavko,

I'm glad you found a working solution in my sleep! I wish I could do that.

znavko wrote:
I've got names of kernel modules, so that not only pcspkr, but also
snd_pcsp needs to disable

Yep, I've always disabled them in tandem rather than figure out the exact difference.

that simple line that not breaks my config.scm syntax.
Still do not know why guix does not find `(use modules (al utils))`
module and how to get guile modules work.

Your config wasn't broken, you just called an undefined procedure, and Guix can't know where to find a module if you don't. The code for (al utils) was in guile/modules/al/utils.scm.

Alex's configuration is actually a great example of writing and using your own modules. It's also pretty complex, and not the best candidate for selective copy-pasting.

Kind regards,

T G-R