Re: Does your printer work with Guix System? Please share!

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Does your printer work with Guix System? Please share!
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 13:42:37 -0700

<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi! I think you are too optimistic, thinking guixsd works fine with
> printer drivers (that are proprietary in the mass).
> Here you can try to find http://h-node.org/ <http://h-node.org/> but
> info from there is very old and offered models are old.
> But if you will not get result, you can try trisquel where it is
> possible to solve problems with printer drivers.

If optimism is a crime, then I'm guilty as charged! :-)

I realize it will be difficult to find a printer that works well with
Guix System.  It's already difficult to find a printer that works well
with GNU/Linux systems in general.  That's why I'm asking on this email
list for anyone who has successfully printed using Guix System to share
their success story.  I hope it will help me (and others) find printers
that works with Guix System.

Thank you for mentioning h-node.  I've actually spent quite some time
already searching h-node and openprinting.org, and I agree that although
they are useful, they are a bit difficult to use.  And like you've said,
the information they contain is often incomplete or old.  If we collect
enough useful information here, perhaps we can share the details with
h-node and openprinting.org to improve their databases.  Beyond h-node
and openprinting.org, do you know of any other good resources?

Thank you,

--
Chris