Re: Touchpad tap config in slim-service-type configuration

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Touchpad tap config in slim-service-type configuration
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 19:12:53 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Now yes, but I think it is old, cause startx rests there in slim
> config:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#index-slim_002dconfiguration

A copy of the manual that matches the version of Guix you have installed
comes with Guix itself.  I suggest using that up-to-date manual instead
of the manual on the web which matches the latest release.

You can access the manual with “info guix” on the command line (or with
the equivalent in Emacs, which has a much better info reader).  Hit “i”
for the index and type “slim-configuration” because that’s what the
error says has an error.

There you’ll find that “slim-configuration” no longer has a “startx”
field, but instead offers an “xorg-configuration” field.  So we hit “i”
again and type “xorg-configuration” to get more information about the
valid values…

The only reason why you passed a value for “startx” originally was just
to pass an Xorg configuration snippet via “#:extra-config”.  According
to the manual for “xorg-configuration” you can now do this directly via
the “extra-config” field of the “xorg-configuration” record.

So you’ll probably end up with something like this:

(service slim-service-type
         (slim-configuration
           (xorg-configuration
             (xorg-configuration