Re: checking out a shebang-patched package source

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: checking out a shebang-patched package source
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 20:27:25 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I am trying to compile the newest Chez Scheme locally from a git
> checkout. There are a number of shebang patches that have to be done
> for it to compile "traditionally" (not using the guix build
> --with-source) so I can generate a .compile_commands for my lsp to
> know how to reference headers and such.

I don’t know what a “lsp” and “.compile_commands” is.

> Is there a way to get guix to modify those files that it patches on my
> local checkout so I dont have to go through manually modifying it
> myself?

No, there isn’t.  Generally, patches that are applied in a snippet are
performed before the build starts, so that you can get the modified
source code with “guix build -S the-package”, but patching shebangs is
done as part of the gnu-build-system build phases.

You can attempt to execute the procedures that make up the
gnu-build-system manually, but there’s no quick way to do this
automatically.

--
Ricardo