Re: Trying to install GuixSD on QEMU

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Trying to install GuixSD on QEMU
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 11:12:08 -0300

Em 05/03/2019 15:11, Markus Aholainen escreveu:
> If I select the 2 (guixsd.img) booting fails. Again, error in the
> instructions?

I know nothing about Windows, but as far as I can see the documentation
could actually refer to select the option that talks about a CD.

Attached is my QEMU.cfg. Yours might need to be different. Specially, I
make sure to add the GuixSD image as a USB storage device — using the
sections `[drive "stick"]', `[device "xhci"]' and also the `driver =
"usb-storage"' in the lone `[device]' section.

I also make sure to add the internal storage as the first drive, perhaps
this is the issue with your command.

Anyways, the configuration file attached can be read using something
like this:

[Prefered qemu-system command] -smp 1 -readconfig [Configuration file]

I used `-smp 1' in the command line anyways because I don't know a way
to tell that same thing in the configuration file.