keyboaard-layoout problem on gdm login

From: Quiliro Ordonez
Subject: keyboaard-layoout problem on gdm login
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 09:52:42 -0700

Hello:

Thank you so much for incorporating keyboard-layout. It saved me from
connecting 2 keyboards all the time. They kept stumbling to the floor
and chipping off pieces of plastic (which made my keyboards look like
very old or render one of them unsusable) and losing keys (which i only
had to press back in).

I have tested console keyboard-layout and it is great. I have not tested
GrUB yet. Gnome Login Manager does not work. I have problems with my
desktop-full.scm reconfigure file.

On the pasted file below I have commented the part which will not work
unless I add xorg to the use-modules section:
- (use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss))
+ (use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss xorg)

... in order to make the following be accepted:
+ (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "es" "dvorak"))  ;for the console
[...]
 (services (cons*
[...]
+ (modify-services %desktop-services
+                    (gdm-service-type config =>
+                                      (gdm-configuration
+                                       (inherit config)
+                                       (xorg-configuration
+                                        (xorg-configuration             ;for
Xorg
+                                         (keyboard-layout
keyboard-layout))))))))+
-                  %desktop-services))

But GDM will still not use dvorak-es.

Here is my current desktop-full.scm:

;; This is an operating system configuration template
;; for a "desktop" setup with GNOME and Xfce

(use-modules (gnu) (gnu system nss))
(use-service-modules desktop)
(use-package-modules certs gnome)

(operating-system
 (host-name "GSD3")
 (timezone "America/Guayaquil")
 (locale "es_EC.UTF-8")
 (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "es" "dvorak"))  ;for the console

 ;; Use the BIOS variant of GRUB
 (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
              (bootloader grub-bootloader)
              (target "/dev/sda")
              (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))) ;for GRUB

 (file-systems (cons*
                (file-system
                 (device (uuid "021e4962-a7e2-4996-a2d7-b746df956172"))
                 (mount-point "/")
                 (type "ext4"))
                (file-system
                 (device (uuid "6e8ca224-ab9b-476b-98b0-c0b22a172577"))
                 (mount-point "/home/quiliro/respaldos")
                 (type "ext4"))
                %base-file-systems))

 (swap-devices '("/dev/sda1"))

 (users (cons*
         [...]
         %base-user-accounts))

 ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages.
 (packages (append (list
                    nss-certs          ;for HTTPS access
                    gvfs)              ;for user mounts
                   %base-packages))

 ;; Add GNOME and/or Xfce---we can choose at the log-in
 ;; screen with F1.  Use the "desktop" services, which
 ;; include the X11 log-in service, networking with
 ;; NetworkManager, and more.
 (services (cons*
            (gnome-desktop-service)
            (xfce-desktop-service)
            ;; (modify-services %desktop-services
            ;;               (gdm-service-type config =>
            ;;                                 (gdm-configuration
            ;;                                  (inherit config)
            ;;                                  (xorg-configuration
            ;;                                   (xorg-configuration
 ;for Xorg
            ;;                                    (keyboard-layout
keyboard-layout))))))))
            %desktop-services))

 ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
 (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))