emacs-guix throwing errors

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: emacs-guix throwing errors
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 16:13:29 -0500

Hi all. I am hoping the maintainer of emacs-guix will see this:

Whenever I try to search for a package, or perform any of the routine
guix commands using the emacs-guix interface, I am getting this error.

guix-geiser-eval: Error in evaluating guile expression: ERROR: In procedure
string-append:
In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string):
#<<search-path-specification> variable: "GHC_PACKAGE_PATH" files:
("lib/ghc-8.0.2") separator: ":" file-type: directory file-pattern:

The specifics of the string seem to change based on what I am trying to
do, but regardless it does not work and I have to perform those commands
using the command line.

Any ideas?