Lifehack of binding key to 'show desktop' on GuixSD

From: znavko
Subject: Lifehack of binding key to 'show desktop' on GuixSD
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 18:00:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hello! I am using GuixSD and Xfce4 desktop environment.
There is shortcut on my panel that shows desktop: http://0x0.st/zPx4.png

How to bind keyboard key to minimize all windows and show desktop?
By default there is such key bind: Ctrl + Alt + D  -- this shows desktop on Xfce4.
But I want to use just only one button - Menu - this is extra button between Ctrl and Alt in the right side, cause I do not use it at all.
I install wmctrl
$ guix package -i wmctrl

according to the manual https://linux.die.net/man/1/wmctrl need to use command
$ wmctrl -k on

To bind a key to this command I open on Xfce4: Menu -> Settings -> Keyboard.
(or also you can open settings from terminal: `xfce4-settings-manager` and choose Keyboard menu)
'Application Shortcuts' tab there and add command 'wmctrl -k on' and press 'Menu' when it asks to press.

I've got this line: http://0x0.st/zPxx.png

Now it works permanently.

Also I usually change keyboard layout selection button to left Menu button.

There is also xdotool in guix that might be helpful for tasks like this.

znavko.