How to route dns requests to dnsmasq service when I use wpa_supplicant a

From: znavko
Subject: How to route dns requests to dnsmasq service when I use wpa_supplicant and dhcp-client?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 14:52:57 +0000

Hello! When I use free vpn without tor I am not able to visit sites blocked by ISP. That is dns requests performed through my provider.

I want to use dnsmasq to encrypt and secure dns requests and also to get access to the sites that I want to visit with nobody's interference.

I've made changes to (services) scheme variable in my config.scm and have reconfigured system. Service is working

# cat config.scm
(operating-system
(services (cons*
(service xfce-desktop-service-type)
(service dhcp-client-service-type)

(service dnsmasq-service-type
(dnsmasq-configuration
(no-resolv? #t)
(servers '("192.168.1.1"))))

(modify-services
(remove (lambda (service)
(member (service-kind service)
(list ntp-service-type avahi-service-type
bluetooth-service network-manager-service-type)))
%desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda services

(wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>
(wpa-supplicant-configuration
(interface "wlp2s0")
(config-file "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))

(gdm-service-type config =>
(gdm-configuration
(xorg-configuration
(xorg-configuration
(extra-config
'("Section \"InputClass\"
Identifier \"touchpad\"
Driver \"libinput\"
MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"
Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
EndSection")
)))))

(elogind-service-type
c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch 'ignore)))
) ;;end of modify-services
)) ;;end of services

)

# guix system reconfigure /root/config.scm
# reboot

# herd status dnsmasq
Status of dnsmasq:
It is started.
Running value is 411.
It is enabled.
Provides (dnsmasq).
Requires (networking).
Conflicts with ().
Will be respawned.

Ok. But I cannot get access to blocked sites. Please, let me know how to configure wpa-suppliant and dhcp-client to use dnsmasq for dns requests? Or may be I need to configure icecat? I don't know about it.

PS: but I do not want to use NetworkManager at all.