Re: GUIX installation / uninstallation problem

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: GUIX installation / uninstallation problem
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 16:45:23 +0200

Hello Hans-Werner,

Hans-Werner Roitzsch <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> But then I started to see the actual problem. When I tried installing
> the locales following the installation of Guix an error with the guix
> daemon socket came up:
>
> =====
> guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales
> guile: warning: failed to install locale
> hint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales'
> package and defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:
>
>     guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales
>     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"
>
> See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.
>

> guix package: error: failed to connect to
> `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': No such file or directory
> =====

it seems guix-daemon service is not running: can you check it?

you should see a process like this one:

(anemone)address@hidden:~$ ps aux | grep guix-daemon
root      2444  0.0  0.0  12216   412 ?        Ss   Mar22   0:00
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild

I installed Guix on Debian with the binary installation bash script
provided upstream and it installed the right systemd service; if
guix-daemon is not running on your system you should double check the
manual

[...]

HTH! Gio'

--