Re: guix-a dokumentaro en Esperanto

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: guix-a dokumentaro en Esperanto
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 06:53:36 +0200

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 08:44:06PM -0700, Quiliro Ordonez wrote:
> El 2019-04-27 11:01, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) escribió:

> >> (about whether using google translate makes the resulting text
> >> copyrighted to google)
> >>
> >> Mi tute ne konsentas pri tio. Vidu
> >> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Copyright_for_Google_Translations
> >>
> >> (I disagree with that. See
> >> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikilegal/Copyright_for_Google_Translations)
> >>

> > Should this question be asked on a more general mailing list on GNU
> > policy?  I remember Parabola escalating a discussion at
> > <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2017-01/msg00001.html>.
>
> One issue is privacy issues and another issue is non-freedom of Chromium
> on that thread. Is this appreciation incorrect?

Their discussion is unrelated.  I wanted to state that they escalated
an issue to libreplanet-discuss.

I believe there should be GNU policy dictating whether usage of Google
Translate is OK or not, because maybe it is possible that some
jurisdiction we care about could rule that Google has a copyright on
what their software algorithms produce.  AFAIK this is not covered in
their terms of service, but I did not read much of them.

Regards,
Florian