Re: GuixSD on a laptop with Heads

From: Jonathan Frederickson
Subject: Re: GuixSD on a laptop with Heads
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 22:07:02 -0400

Ah, apologies for the proprietary Javascript. I was looking for a good
image host since I wasn't sure about the etiquette for attachments on
mailing lists but... whoops.

On 5/1/19 7:19 AM, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:> That won't help if
there's nowhere to print to.  From your screenshot,
> you're not in VGA mode, for example.  Is that screenshot from within
> Heads?  Which graphics driver is Heads using at that point?  Have you
> tried adding the same driver to the initrd?
>
>  (initrd-modules (cons* "i915" %base-initrd-modules)))

That did the trick, thank you! I didn't realize the i915 wouldn't be
included out of the box, but in retrospect it makes sense.