Re: guile scheme tutorial

From: rendaw
Subject: Re: guile scheme tutorial
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 10:51:34 +0900

On 5/3/19 9:45 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello!
>

> If you are getting started guix and want a glimpse of guile,
> I made a small tutorial that might get you started:
>
>    https://github.com/a-guile-mind/book/#a-guile-mind-book
>
> Feel free to share your own resources to learn Guile Scheme.
>
> Happy hacking!
>

> Amirouche ~ amz3

Oh, this is great!  I've actually been putting together a small Guix
guide here:
https://gitlab.com/rendaw/blog/blob/master/how_to_guix_for_those_who_dont.md

It has a small Guile primer, but it doesn't go into depth or have any
hands on examples like yours.  My goal was to cover just enough so that
people could understand Guix configs (or at least 90% of them), so no
recursion, etc.  I'm glad you got into records, I just kind of handwaved
that away ("they're functions", not 100% sure this is correct either).