Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: IceCat from Guix all monospaced font
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 19:51:55 +0200

Hi Zelphir, hi Guix!

Le 05/04, Zelphir Kaltstahl a écrit :
> Today I installed GNU Icecat from Guix and everything works fine, except
> for one thing:
>
> The whole Icecat UI uses a monospaced font and on every website
> everything is monospaced.
> […]
> Does anyone know how to fix this monospaced issue? Please help me make
> my Icecat more usable : ) Thank you!

I totally +1 this issue! I've been having the same kind of problem for
several days… I've installed a couple of fonts —OK… maybe I've installed
ALL of the fonts available, but it's so easy to clean everything with
Guix… I couldn't resist! ^_^'—, and since then I have "EmojiOne Mozilla"
as my font in Icecat! It's not that ugly but… it doesn't show figures!!…
and guess what, figures are actually useful little things! I tried
changing the font from icecat settings but this didn't help.

So, I sympathize but I cannot help, sorry!

--
Tanguy