how restart networking after ifconfig down?

From: znavko
Subject: how restart networking after ifconfig down?
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 06:11:14 +0000

I wrote bash-script checking external ip and disabling network interface if it
is a real ip, not vpn.
But I do not know why networking does not work after down and up the interface?

# ifconfig wlp2s0 down
# ifconfig wp2s0 up

# herd restart networking
Service networking is not running.
Service networking could not be started.

# rfkill list
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
 Soft blocked: no
 Hard blocked: no

# herd status
Stopped:
 - networking
 - term-auto
 - user-homes
 - wpa-supplicant
But my own connection script works:
# cat 1
#!/bin/sh

#connect to wi-fi through wpa_supplicant

#herd stop wpa-supplicant
rfkill unblock wifi
wpa_supplicant -B -i wlp2s0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
sleep 2
dhclient -v wlp2s0
#herd restart networking
Where to get error and how to solve this? Why herd does not start networking?