Re: Guix System 1.0: No audio

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Guix System 1.0: No audio
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 08:33:24 +0200

On Sat, May 04, 2019 at 06:24:04PM -0500, sirgazil wrote:
> The volume seems on and the card seems not muted:
>
> https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/alsamixer-guix-system-1.0.png

This looks like it does for me.

> When I press F6 I see "(default)" selected, and there are no more options,
> except for an "enter device name..." option.

But this is very strange.  For me pressing F6 shows

------Sound Card----------
-  default
0  HDA Nvidia
   enter device name
--------------------------

and changing the volume for default changes the volume for HDA Nvidia
and vice versa.

In the top left corner of ALSA Mixer when selecting HDA Nvidia, I see
that I have a Cirrus Logic CS4206 chip.  When I enter `dmesg` I see
snd_hda_codec_cirrus.  I suppose your snd_ chip does not get loaded.
If so, why would that be?  I don’t know. Did the other distro use
Linux-libre as its kernel?  I see the prefix snd_ occurring in
https://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/
and
https://www.fsfla.org/svn/fsfla/software/linux-libre/scripts/deblob-check

Regards,