Re: Help with OpenVPN Plugin for Network Manager

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Help with OpenVPN Plugin for Network Manager
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 20:27:40 -0700

"Raghav Gururajan" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> The "Services" part of my current system config is the following:
>
> (services (cons* (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
>  %desktop-services))
>
> How should I modify the above to edit Network Manager's Configuration
> to include and enable "network-manager-openvpn" plugin?
>
> I tried adding "(service network-manager-service-type
> (network-manager-configuration (vpn-plugins
> network-manager-openvpn)))" but I got an error that the service is
> used more than once.

You need to replace the existing network-manager-service-type with a new
copy that has the configuration you want.  One way to do that is to use
the modify-services form, which is documented in the manual in the
section "Using the Configuration System":

http://guix.info/manual/en/html_node/Using-the-Configuration-System.html

See also the "Service Reference" section:

http://guix.info/manual/en/html_node/Service-Reference.html#Service-Reference

Hope that helps!

--
Chris