good overview presentation?

From: Miles Fidelman
Subject: good overview presentation?
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 11:04:42 -0400

Hi Folks,

Is there a good, current, overview presentation on all things GUIX?  The whole who, what, where, when, why, how, how much, and who cares overview that one might give at USENIX, describing a new distro.

I've been doing a lot of googling, and not finding anything remotely current.  Lots of stuff on detailed aspects, some videos (but no slides) from FOSDEM 2019 - but nothing that gives the big picture, the overall architecture, the build process, and so forth.

It seems like the release of v1.0.0 merits a serious intro/overview/tutorial for those of us who might be interested in exploring/adopting GUIX.

If there's such a beast floating around, could someone point me at it (and maybe add a prominent link at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/).

If not... a polite suggestion to the team:  Nobody else can put something together, it's all too new, and you're the only folks who have the big picture.  Please share!

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown