Re: good overview presentation?

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: good overview presentation?
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 07:57:06 -0500

---- On Fri, 10 May 2019 02:37:07 -0500 Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden>
wrote ----

 > Hello Miles,
 >
 > Miles Fidelman <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > Thanks Chris,
 > >
 > > A couple of follow-ups:
 > >
 > > On 5/9/19 12:39 PM, Christopher Baines wrote:
 > >>
 > >> 1: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/talks
 > >>
 > >> There's also two talks [2] which I've given in the past on Guix, they're
 > >> a few years old, but I think most of the material is still correct.
 > >>
 > > Silly me, but how does one view these things?  The ones labeled with
 > > .pdf extensions come across as ascii files, that can't be read as pdf,
 >
 > maintenance.git and its cgit interface is not it's not intended as a
 > "site substitute", it's an anchive where Guix developers share common
 > work in the community
 >
 > ...anyway, for each media-like file there is a "plain" labelled link
 > near the blob code, right above the table with hex and ascii code of the
 > git object: that link will download the file
 >
 > > and others look like they have to be assembled.
 >
 > yes, the rationale to include or ignore media artifacts is not clear to
 > me: I'd include only sources, publishing artifacts on a dedicated static
 > web page... or move talks out from maintenance.git to a dedicated git
 > repo like guix/talks.git (like the existing guix/videos.git), publishing
 > them to the web

Using the topic list in the blog is currently the easiest way to find videos,
papers, etc. For example:

    https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/tags/talks/
    https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/tags/papers/

Also, Laura and Paul are working in some introductory videos right now
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix/videos.git), and there are some ideas
already about how to make the multimedia material about Guix more visible
(https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-12/msg00260.html). This
things will be available sooner or later. I haven't found some free time myself
to help in that area :)