Re: What is hotkeys to change keyboard layout during Guided Graphical In

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: What is hotkeys to change keyboard layout during Guided Graphical Installation ?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 16:09:58 +0200

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 01:40:33PM +0300, Дима Фомин wrote:
>    Hello!
>
>    Sorry for newbie question. I am trying to install GuixSD from DVD image
>    into VirtualBox.
>    During Guided Graphical Installation (which in fact as I can see is not
>    graphical) I chose "Russian  (typewriter)" keyboard.
>
>    Then I came to Hostname screen and into this input field I can type
>    russian letters.
>
>    But cannot find how to change to English layout. Neither Ctr-Alt, nor
>    Ctr-Shift, nor Alt-Shift, nor Alt-Space did it.
>

>    Please tell me which hotkey is to change keyboard layout from national
>    to English and back?
>

> Thank you.

I presume you can

· before you use the graphical setup, press Ctrl+Alt+F3 to switch to
  another virtual terminal.

· Press enter to log in there as root.

· Type this but do *not* press enter:

loadkeys us

· Switch back to Ctrl+Alt+F1 and continue graphical installation.

· When you want to switch the layout back to US English, press
  Ctrl+Alt+F3 and press enter.

This seems to be somewhat inconvenient.  So you would prefer a hotkey
to exist to switch keyboard layouts?  Can you send a mail with a bug
report to address@hidden

Regards,
Florian