Re: Input method change in GNU IceCat installed via Guix

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Input method change in GNU IceCat installed via Guix
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 20:06:34 +0200

Hello,

I seem to have solved this issue now. I uninstalled fcitx using apt on
my Xubuntu and then installed it using Guix package manager. After a
relogin (actually restart, but probably relogin is sufficient) I can not
successfully write Chinese characters inside IceCat.

So I guess the learning from this is, that some programs installed using
Guix cannot use system installed tools / libraries and if there is a
problem with a Guix installed program, it is worth a try to install the
other stuff it interacts with with Guix as well and do a relogin to
check, if the program is working correctly then.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Zelphir