Re: Youtube Viewer

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Youtube Viewer
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:43:59 +0200

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
guix environment --pure --ad-hoc youtube-viewer mpv --
youtube-viewer

I did this and I was led to "address@hidden ~ [env]$". Anyway, I never used command-line for this app.

Please run the entire command (also the part after --) on one line (see my follow-up mail).

I am using the GUI. Yes, GUI is installed by default. In my GNOME Dash, it appears as "GTK Youtube Viewer" with a "blue camel" in the icon.

Oh. I don't use a desktop menu. Today I learnt that ‘gtk-youtube-viewer’ exists :-)

Anyway, both the GTK and CLI versions invoke MPV just fine here. Could you try running both in a pure environment?

Kind regards,

T G-R