Re: Youtube Viewer

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Youtube Viewer
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 18:17:17 +0200

Hi

"Raghav Gururajan" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Anyway, both the GTK and CLI versions invoke MPV just fine here.

yes but the config file for the GTK version is
.config/youtube-viewer/gtk-youtube-viewer.conf

Raghav can you please check that it contains

  video_player_selected               => "mpv",

I'm using both GUI and CLI and I had to configure both, they both start
mvp "on click"

>> Could you try running both in a pure environment?
>
> Yes. Please find the following error.
>
> address@hidden ~ [env]$ gtk-youtube-viewer
> No protocol specified
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :1 at
> /gnu/store/zy4mnhidqcnfdf1ci4dsafxyd14ck1in-perl-gtk2-1.24992/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.28.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Gtk2.pm
>  line 126.

cannot open display: that should be related to the environment

[...]

HTH! Gio'.

--
Giovanni Biscuolo