Re: A few questions about guix containers

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: A few questions about guix containers
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 11:23:07 +0530

> So I've been using guix system container with some success for a while
> now, but I've been relying on this old patch I wrote to add shared
> network support, in the same way that guix environment can do it [1]
>
> 1: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28128
>
> I haven't given it enough attention, but recently Arun Isaac looks to
> have picked it up, so I'm hopeful that this functionality might be more
> widely available soon.

I finished and pushed this patch to master a week ago. So, it is ready
for wider use! :-)

After this patch, I have started using this on my home server. The
server runs Parabola. I can't migrate all services immediately to
Guix. So, I have a Guix container running inside Parabola that runs some
of the services and the host Parabola runs the rest. Once I migrate all
services to the Guix container, I will simply replace Parabola with a
full Guix installation.