Re: conkeror superseded by icecat, why?

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: conkeror superseded by icecat, why?
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 17:49:28 +0300

白い熊 (2019-06-02 12:19 +0200) wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> I've long had conkeror installed, now after the latest Guix update it won't
> start, it's not installed anymore.
>
> “guix package -i conkeror” tells me:
>  guix package: package 'conkeror' has been superseded by 'icecat'
>
> Why? These are two very different browsers.

As Pierre wrote, Conkeror is abandoned, unfortunately.  It does not work
with the modern versions of icecat/firefox.  I.e., it is not possible to
start conkeror anymore (only conkeror on top of some old icecat/firefox
version could work), so it is (or will be) excluded from all GNU/Linux
distributions.

--
Alex