Re: conkeror superseded by icecat, why?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: conkeror superseded by icecat, why?
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 18:49:34 +0200

Hi!

> I've long had conkeror installed, now after the latest Guix update it
> won't start, it's not installed anymore.

Me too.  I have long pinned an old conkerer and run in from the
store...but recently I have started running the next browser
(sbcl-next).

Other new emacsy-like browser efforts are underway, I don't know of
runnable code though.

> I can still run conkeror manually from the store, using it's direct
> location — but once I delete generations it'll disappear.

> How can I fix this — how to get conkeror installed properly again?

Right.  You can pin it by running something like

    ./pre-inst-env guix environment --root=~/.config/guix/conkeror --ad-hoc
conkeror

in a git checkout that still has conqueror.

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com